A new article in the Seattle Times explains the many advantages of e-prescriptions, for both doctors and patients.
Benefits outlined in the article include:
- Doctors can check patient’s medical history for potentially harmful drug interactions
- Reduced risk of medication errors caused by illegible handwriting or failure to spot drug allergies, etc.
- System can confirm the prescription benefits
- Refills are complete with the touch of a button
- Affordable medications can be selected more easily
- Integration with EMR allows easy access to vital patient information
Overall, the article shows that e-prescribing technology is improving the efficiency of medical practices – especially those writing many prescriptions.