When you begin researching ways to market your plastic surgery practice, you likely will not get far before you start learning about the importance of incorporating social media into your marketing plan. Social media channels have become the go-to place for people to communicate with one another, as well as find new products and services they might be interested in using. Social media takes your marketing to the next level, allowing your patients and prospective patients to actually interact with you, rather than simply getting fed information that you provide. There are a number of reasons why PatientNOW is including social media services in our practice management software products.
Prevalence of Social Media
According to a 2013 survey published in the journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, around half of all plastic surgeons were using social media to market their practices. Those numbers have likely increased in recent years, as more people are turning to social media in general and more social media channels are now available. This means that if you are not currently using social media to promote your practice, you are at a disadvantage to 50 percent or more of the practices marketing the same services you are.
How to Use Social Media Effectively
There are a number of steps you can take to not only incorporate social media into your practice marketing, but also to make the channels as effective as possible in your promotion efforts:
• Designate a Manager – Select someone in your office to manage your social media accounts or hire an outside source so that you have a single entity dedicated to keeping your sites up to date.
• Determine Your Goals – Determine whether your primary focus of your social media campaign will be to build brand identity, increase leads or improve patient retention.
• Keep it Coming – Consistent posts are an essential component to any successful social media campaign.
• Respond to Comments – Show your patients and prospective patients how attentive your office can be by responding to questions and comments on your pages quickly.
• Establish a Policy – Since your social media pages will be reflecting your brand and your practice, establish some rules about what is and what is not acceptable to post on these pages.
Automating the Process
While social media can be an effective method of building your practice, it can also be a time- consuming one. Free up time for your staff by automating as much of your practice management as possible. With PatientNOW software implemented in your office, you can not only manage the daily patient flow and administrative duties, you can also increase your patient engagement and retention without using excessive and valuable staff time to make sure no one falls through the cracks.
What PatientNOW can do for You
In addition to our software products, PatientNOW also provides advantEDGE, consulting services to bring your practice to the next level. In addition to providing you the support necessary as you implement automation into your office, we also offer social media support to help you use social media channels as effectively as possible to market your practice.
Whether you are trying to improve the efficiency of your office through automated services or looking for ways to increase your patient engagement and retention, PatientNOW can help. Contact us today at 800-436-3150 to find out how we can help you bring your practice to the next level.