Privacy Notice For our European Economic Area (EEA) Visitors
PatientNow: a fully GDPR compliant platform
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
What is our “legal basis” for processing of the data?
In respect of each of the purposes for which we use your personal data, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires us to ensure that we have a “legal basis” for that use. Most commonly, we will rely on one of the following legal bases:
- We process the information that we collect when you decide to use our services and register on PatientNow and/or make a purchase, on the legal basis that data processing is necessary to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you (“Contractual Necessity”). In the event you fail to provide such data, you may not be able to use our services;
- An additional legal basis exists when we have attained your specific consent to process your personal data in connection with your election to use our services. This consent is affirmatively expressed when you enter your data in our system. We use your consent for legal base of processing also when you sign up for our newsletter or respond to a survey or marketing communication or use certain other site features.
- Our legal basis to process the data we collect when you visit and surf our website (data collected with cookies) is an additional form of your consent. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
With whom do we share your personal data
We may share your data with software companies that are responsible for the maintenance of our website (Hosting companies, IT service providers etc.). We intend to host your data only on servers based in the European Union or in country for which adequacy decision of the European commission is in place or are certified under EU – US Privacy Shield.
How long we store your personal data?
We will store your personal data for the length of your use of our services, unless a longer retention period is required by law (for example for regulatory purposes).
Please be advised that under the General Data Protection Regulation you are entitled to the following rights:
- Right to access which is the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data.
- Right to rectification which is the right to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data that concerns you.
- Right to erasure which is the right to request erasure of personal data that concerns you when certain conditions under the GDPR are met.
- Right to restriction of processing which is the right to obtain restriction of processing where certain conditions are met.
- Right to data portability which is the right to receive the personal data that concerns you and which you have provided, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit this data to another controller.
- Right to objection which is the right to object at any time to processing of personal data that concerns you which is based on public interest or legitimate interests, including profiling based on those grounds.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing of your data, where such was given without this to affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint related to collection or the processing of your personal data with the relevant supervisory authority.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
You Can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
- By logging in to your account
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
You may also write or call us at:
115 Inverness Drive East, Suite 100
Englewood, CO 80112